When it comes to the pharmaceutical Indian market, the tablet remains one of the famous and most widespread dosage forms. Although, the finish product might look self-contain and straightforward. Meanwhile, the manufacturing processes underlying can be highly complex, comprising many state changes as prerequisites. In this process, at any step, the slight miscalculations lead to significant alterations to the stability and bioavailability of the API. Across India, the pharmaceutical tablet is in good demand and results in a range of tablet manufacturers in India.
Tablet manufacturing equipment/ machine
- Weighing balance- Electronic weighing balance (in milligrams and grams) and bulk weighing balance (in kilogram).
- Size equipment/ reduction equipment- Vibration mill, fluidized energy mill, hammer mill, etc.
- Granulators- High-shear granulators, rotating shape granulators, dry granulators, etc.
- Mixing equipment- Diffusion/ tumbling mixers, pneumatic mixers, etc.
- Tabletting machine- Rotary/ multi-station tablet press and single punch tablet press.
- Drying equipment- Fluidized bed dryer, rotary dryer, spray dryer, etc.
- Polishing and Coating machines- Perforated pan, standard coating pan, air suspension/ fluidized bed coating system, etc.
- Quality control equipment- USP dissolution tester, disintegration equipment, tablet thickness tester, etc.
- Packaging machines- Strip packing machines, blister packaging machines, aluminum foil packaging machines, etc.
Tablet manufacturing steps
- Dispensing- Ingredient present in tablet formula is accurately dispense and weighe as per dose.
- Sizing- The ingredients formulation must be in finely divide form to prevent size reduction for easy mixing and better flow property.
- Powder blending- Using a suitable blender, powders are mix to obtain a homogeneous and uniform powder mix.
- Granulation- Small powder particles are gathered into the layer. Also, permanent aggregates render them states of free-flowing.
- Dry and drying screening- For a specific period, screen wet granules need to be dry. Through the appropriate mesh screen, the dried granules are screen.
- Tablet compression- The compression of granules into convex or flat, oblong, round, or unique shaped, unscored, or scored tablets.
- Coating- Granules and tablets are coated if there is a requirement to mask the unpleasant odor/taste of some substance drug or increase the uncoated tablet’s aesthetic appeal. This is achieve by covering or enclosing the core granules or tablets with coating solutions.
Raw material’s quality control
- Raw materials referred to in relevant Pharmacopoeia’s monograph must undergo the tests as stated in the monograph. If identification testing is directe on the individual containers/packages and purity and content determination in mixed samples is often sufficient.
- If the manufacturer deems further testing necessary for guaranteeing a production process as smooth-running or a very high-quality product, the tablet manufacturers in India have the opportunity. Raw materials are return to the supplier if they fail the quality control test.
- In the interim, the assembling processes fundamental can be profoundly mind boggling, involving many state changes as essentials.
It can be concluded that the tablet manufacturer in India offers a range variety of pharmaceutical tablets. In 2018, reports mentioned that there is a record of 38% growth in the market of Indian Pharma tablets which shows the popularity of pharma tablets. Tablet manufacturer in India offers practical and fine-quality tablet drug formulations at reasonable rates.