we have listed down the reason behind the error code 193 in QuickBooks, plus a few solutions to get rid of it.
When you come across QuickBooks error 193, a message pops up, saying,” Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer”. It happens when you access or work on your QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode. Besides, the error can also come up when opening QuickBooks Database Server Manager. In this article, we have listed down the reason behind the error code 193 in QuickBooks, plus a few solutions to get rid of it. Read this detailed blog until the end if you are looking for debugging methods to rectify the error.
To clarify your doubts about QuickBooks error message 193, connect with our experienced technical professionals by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Why do you Get QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 193?
The reason you are incurring error 193 in your QuickBooks Desktop could be because you have not installed the recent updates of Windows on your system.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6069
How to Get Rid of the Error 193 in QuickBooks?
The steps given below will help you resolve the QuickBooks error code 193-
SOLUTION 1: Remove QuickBooks from your Desktop and Re-Install It
Before proceeding towards the following steps, you must keep your QuickBooks product details- Product Year, License Number, QuickBooks Version ready. After that, go ahead with the steps mentioned below-
- On your Windows desktop, tap the ‘Start’ menu to select ‘Control Panel’.
- In the following window, click ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- From the list of programs, choose your QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, select ‘Uninstall/Change’, and then ‘Remove’.
- Now, hit ‘Next’ to uninstall the application.
- Again, download QuickBooks Desktop and save the downloaded file where you can find it instantly.
- Open the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file to begin the installation.
- You are required to proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen. Make sure to checkmark the checkboxes to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your License number and other product details. After entering the info, click ‘Next’.
- Two options for selecting the ‘Install Type’ will occur ; select the one you want.
- Hit ‘Next’ and then ‘Install’.
- When the installation completes, run QuickBooks and activate it.
SOLUTION 2: Update your Windows to the latest Available Release
For the better functioning of your QuickBooks, you must update your Windows. To do so, try the steps given below-
- On your Windows desktop, select the ‘Windows’ button and click ‘Settings’.
- Once the settings window opens, hit ‘Update and Security’.
- Choose ‘Windows Update’ to download all the available updates.
- Finally, restart your system and double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon to run the application
The troubleshooting methods that are mentioned above should fix the QuickBooks error 193, if appropriately followed. In case you are unable to rectify the issue, speak to one of our experts for quick and effective solutions at 1.855.738.2784.
Related search terms: Error 193 0xc1 QuickBooks, Error 193: 0xc1 Service fails to start, Error 193: 0xc1 while trying to open QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error 193: 0xc1 when starting QuickBooks
Read also: QuickBooks Error H505