QuickBooks allows its users to store their company files, create backups to these files, and restore them when needed. However, sometimes when they try to access their company files or the backup files, they might come across QuickBooks error 6147, which indicates that QuickBooks cannot open the company files. Such an error generally arises from damage in the QuickBooks company files or network data and transaction log files. To fix the error, users can try using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or the ADR feature of QuickBooks. This article intends to familiarize you with the methods you can use to eliminate this error, so continue looking through it until the very end.
If you need help fixing the QuickBooks error code 6147 immediately, contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate guidance from our technical support team.
What could be the causes behind the occurrence of the 6147 error in QuickBooks while you open your company files or backup files?
Causes behind the occurrence of the 6147 Error code in QuickBooks include:-
- The file used for QuickBooks installation was corrupted, or the installation itself was incomplete.
- The QuickBooks network data and transaction log files underwent some damage and need to be renamed.
- Your QuickBooks company could have undergone corruption.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Is Unable To Open Company File
What can you do to eradicate the QB Error Code 6147 while opening company files or backup files?
The methods that you can use to eradicate the QB error code 6147 include:-
Rename your network data and transaction log files before running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Damaged network data and transaction log files must be renamed with these steps:-
- Find the QuickBooks company file folder on your computer and open it.
- Right-click and rename all the files that have the same name as your company file name but with .tlg and .nd extensions.
- Add .old at the end of these files’ names while you rename them.
- Now from Intuit’s official website, install the QuickBooks tool hub on your system and open it.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option from the Network Issues section.
- Now, using the Start Scan option, scan your company files.
- Restart your computer and relaunch QuickBooks once the scan is finished.
Use the ADR or Auto Data Recovery feature provided in the QuickBooks software.
You can use the Auto Data Recovery or the ADR feature of QuickBooks to recover your data with the below-mentioned steps:-
- On your desktop, create a new folder and give it the name QBTest.
- Now go to your company file folder and copy the files with .tlg extensions to this QBTest folder.
- Open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder from the exact location of your company file folder.
- Copy the file with .QBW.adr extension from here to your desktop’s QBTest folder.
- Remove the .adr extension from the .QBW.adr file you copied in the QBTest folder.
- Use the company files from the QBTest folder when using QuickBooks, and transfer them to the original location if they work smoothly.
This is what you can do to eradicate the QuickBooks error 6147. If you are a regular QuickBooks user, you must keep the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your system as it provides tools that eliminate such errors easily and quickly. Understand the troubleshooting steps in this article before implementing them. If the error continues, get instant help from our technical experts at 1.855.738.2784.
You may also like to read: QuickBooks Server Busy Error