Trying to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1016, but unable to find the right set of steps to do so. Well, if that is the case, then reading this post will help. This error might occur when the user tries to connect to the bank account in QuickBooks. It is basically an online banking error, which is a common QuickBooks desktop banking setup error. It is also a bank feed error that might be caused as a result of an inactive bank account. The user might also experience this issue when the bank is unable to authenticate the QuickBooks connection to the bank. To learn more about bank feed errors in QuickBooks, make sure to read the post till the end.
What leads to QuickBooks error 1016?
One might experience the following error due to the below factors:
- One of the most common reasons can be if there is any issue with the bank
- Another possible trigger can be if the bank has altered their service offering, web connect or direct connect
- Also, if the user is unable to change the name of the bank due to the bank merger, then experiencing this issue is common
- The user can also end up in such an error if the account turned on to be used for online banking could be inactive
- Moreover, if the servers of the bank aren’t reachable
- Another possible trigger for the same can be if there is any internet connection issue
- Or if there is an error in the accounts registered in the company file
- Any corrupted download/import format can also trigger such an error in QuickBooks
- Using an old windows or QuickBooks version can also trigger such an error in QuickBooks
Steps to fix the error
The user can try to perform the steps to create a new sample company file in order to fix the QuickBooks error code 1016. The steps involved are as follows:
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks and navigate to the file menu
- Once done with that choose the new company
- The next step is to click on the express start
- Followed by adding the bank account that was creating the issue in the new company test. And then set up the account for the bank feeds
- At last, test the account and download the bank feed transaction.
- If the same message appears on the screen, then the user needs to contact the bank.
You may also visit: How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6144 (A User’s Guide)
By the end of the post, we expect that the reader might be able to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 1016 successfully. However, if the error continues for some reason even after performing the steps listed above, then in that case reaching out to our tech team is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks premier support professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance. You can give us a call at +1-888-351-0999 and our team will provide you with instant support and assistance.
Also Visit: Market watch hub