Steps To Resolve HP Printer Not Printing Black Issue
Hp printers are the best printers that you can ask for as they are going to provide you with quality printing. Due to this, these printers are famous all over the world. But although the printer may be the best, it is a part of the technology and it may go faulty. There are numerous things that can go wrong and most common of them is when your HP printer not printing back.
If your HP printer not printing black ink after refill in the cartridge, then do not panic. Everything might be just alright and the error might be occurring due to a normal problem. The printers are bound to encounter these issues at least once in a lifetime.
Here is how to fix the HP printer not printing black issue:
There could be several reasons which may cause the printer to face this issue. So you need to find a solution by removing the cartridges and start diagnosing whether what can be an issue.
1. Clean the printer head:
In order to clean the printhead, there are a series of steps that you need to follow:
When you are manually cleaning the printhead, then it is going to enable your printer to take more work. You can use the method below with the printhead that is built in the printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is to fold the dry paper towel into the quarters and then place it in the plastic container.
- Pour at least two to three inches of hot water on the top of the paper towel, so that it is completely submerged.
- After that, you need to open the printer and then remove all the cartridges from the machine.
- After that keep all the cartridges aside on a separate paper towel while you are continuing to clean the printhead.
- Then pull the printhead up and then remove it from the machine.
- If you see any excess ink on the printhead nozzle, you need to remove it as soon as possible.
- Place the printhead between the in the container with the submerged paper towels. The nozzle must be facing down and which is why you must be careful in touching the nozzle as it can be damaged very easily.
- Reinstall the printhead back in the printer and do not forget to latch. After that, you need to reinstall the cartridges.
- After this step run the clean function on the machine again.
- This way you will be able to make sure that your printhead remains in great shape.
2. Restart the Printer:
There are at times when you are facing any issue related to the printer due to a minor glitch. In order to remove the glitch, the first thing that you need to do is to restart the printer.
In order to successfully restart the printer, the one thing that you need to do is to switch off the printer. After the printer has been switched off and then unplug all the cables out, that also includes the power cable.
Once the cables are out, you need to wait for at least a minute before you replug the cables again. Once, the limit is complete, you need to replug the cables again. When the printer is switched on, see whether or not you are able to face the same issue of HP printer is not printing black ink. If you are still facing the same issue, then you must follow the next step.
3. Update printer drivers:
When you see the printer drivers are not updated, then it is possible that you can face this issue. You need to make sure that your printer’s drivers are not outdated. If they are, you need to update it as soon as possible.
Visit the official website of the printer and see what is the latest version of the software for your printer. Match it with the version by opening the device manager option from the control panel.
See whether or not both versions are the same. If they are not the same, then download the update from the official website.
4. Replace the ink cartridge:
There might be an issue where the ink in the cartridge is empty and you might have to refill or replace the cartridge. In order to replace the cartridge, you need to that existing on out of the printer.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- After that open the cover of the printer.
- Wait until you see that the carriage moves to the right side of the printer and is quiet.
- After that press down on the old ink cartridge, and then slowly slide out of the cartridge.
- Remove the cartridge from the ink slot.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packing and then pull the pink tab to remove the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Hold the ink cartridge so that the copper strips are on the bottom and are facing toward the printer.
- This way you will be able to replace the ink cartridge and resolve the HP printer is not printing black ink issue.
Use the Printer Troubleshooter
When your printer doesn’t print as expected, and then try to fix it through a Printer troubleshooter which comes inbuilt in Windows OS. It may provide fixes for the “HP Printer is Not Printing Black” issue. Follow these steps to proceed further:
- In Windows 10, click on the Cortana and type Printer Troubleshooter in the Type here to search section and then select Troubleshoot to open it.
- Select Printer and click on the Run the troubleshooter.
- Select your HP Printer accessible in the troubleshooter’s window.
- Click on the Next button to fix the printing error through the troubleshooter.
To open the Printer troubleshooter in other versions of Windows OS, follow these steps:
- Press the Window + R button simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type Control Panel in the search box next to Open and click on the OK button.
- Click on the Troubleshooting to open the Control Panel window.
- Click on the View all accessible in the left of the control panel window to open a full list of troubleshooters.
- Right-click on your HP Printer, and then select the Run as administrator option.
Resolve with the HP Print and Scan Doctor
If none of those mentioned above troubleshooting techniques helped you, then alternatively, you could also fix the printing through the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility. Follow these steps to fix the printing:
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor from this link https://support.hp.com/gb-en/topic/printscandoctor.
- Double click on the HPPS.dr.exe to install it in your computer system.
- After installation, open this software and click on the Start button.
- Select your HP Printer and click on the Next button.
- Click on the Fix Printing option.
- Now, this software tries to recognize and fixes the “HP Printer is not printing Black” error.
Latest Tips for HP Printer Troubleshooting
6 Ways To HP Printer Troubleshooting Help Fixes Error
HP Printers are reliable, well-known, and most demanding worldwide as it gives high-quality printing solutions. It has lots of astounding features that help users to print with ease. Being a machinery device, sometimes users may face many technical errors during print-job and need to instantly solve the issue. In this post, we are going to discuss the most common printer errors along with their specific HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide. Thus, once you walk through the blog you will learn how to deal with printer problems in the most efficient manner. Here you go!
We Provide Information For Major Printer Issues Such As:
- The printer not printing black or color.
- Printer and computer connection error.
- Ink cartridge issue.
- Printhead clogging problem.
- The printer is an ‘Offline’ error issue.
- HP Printer driver issue.
- Print jobs get stuck in the print queue type of problem.
- Problem with the paper loaded in the input tray.
- And many more.
So, whenever you come across any of the above-mentioned HP Printer errors, don’t get ever disappointed as in the beneath we compile a strong HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide. The only thing you should do is to apply each provided troubleshooting guidance one by one and check every time if your problem is fixed or not. Let’s begin!
Relevant And Effective HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
To troubleshoot the HP printer problematic errors we have gathered some beneficial tips and tricks. By following the below-enumerated guidelines you will eventually get to know the fruitful HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide techniques. Hence, let’s read to find out the suitable solution at the doorstep:
Fixing Tips 1: Check Your HP Printer For Stability At “Set As Default Printer”
To get high-quality printouts it is very essential to give the right command to your printer by setting your printer as ‘Default Printer’. That’s why we suggest you first check your printer setting and consecutively make sure that your HP Printer is stable at ‘set as default printer. In order to flawlessly set up your printer to default status, go through the given guideline:
- First, open the Windows Search bar
- Type ‘Run’ in the dialogue box and hit the “Enter” key to invoke the Run command
- Next, open the Control Panel tab
- Once the control panel opens up on the screen, select the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Thereafter, select and give right-click on the “HP printer” option and then select ‘set as default printer.
- Now you can see a green tick below your printer icon which means your printer is finally set in default status and hence your printer problems will be resolved.
You can now proceed with printing any document. If yet can’t print for any technical problem, use the next troubleshooting techniques.
Fixing Tips 2: Update Your Outdated Printer Driver Through HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
If your HP printer is not printing black or color text, or else you are confronting any other issue related to your printer, the best effective solution is to update or reinstall the driver installed against your printer on the Windows system. Here is HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide:
- First and forecast, press ‘Windows + R’ keys altogether to invoke the Run Command on Windows Desktop.
- Now simply type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box and then press the “OK” tab.
- After doing so “Windows Device Manager” will open.
- Now in the next step give a double-tab on the “Print Queues” option to expand it for the right selection.
- Now, a glimpse of the list of printers and then give right-click on the listed printer name.
- Afterward, give a click on the “Update Driver” option from the menu.
- At the end wait for the update downloading to be finished and then follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
Now you can take a step ahead for printing. If facing another printer problem, use the next fixing tips.
Fixing Tips 3: Check Your Printer For Print Spooler Service
Print Spooler Service helps the Windows System to smoothly communicate with the printer & manage the print jobs in the queue hassle-freely. When the printer doesn’t accept any print command just because the print job gets stuck in the queue, an error messages ‘printer spooler error’ will be displayed on the screen. To rectify this error, you just need to go through the given steps:
- First, close all programs if anyone is running on your Windows Desktop.
- Next, go to the “Start” button > Type “Administrative Tools” > then click the “Services” tab.
- Thereafter scroll down the given list to reach out to the “Print Spooler” option. Place right-click and then select the “Stop” button.
- Thereafter navigate to “My Computer” & give a double-tap on ‘Local Disk (C:)’.
- Then, select the ‘Windows’ folder > ‘System32’ folder > ‘Spool’ > ’Printers’.
- Then remove all the print jobs that are stuck in this folder.
- Go back to the ‘Services’ tab Search for ‘Print Spooler’ & right-click on it. Now select the ‘Start’ option.
- Now try printing a test page to check whether the print spooler error has been solved or yet persists.
- This HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide helps you in solving HP printer spooler errors.
Fixing Tips 4: Clear The Previous Print Command Traffic
Several times you won’t be able to print anything from your HP Printer machine just because of so much traffics available in previous print commands. Such an HP printer troubleshooting guide lets you know how to clear the previous stuck print commands and then re-command the printer afresh. Go through the instructed guidelines to cancel the previous queue of print commands in no time:
- First, open the Control Panel section and then click ‘Device and Printers’.
- Place a right-click on the “HP Printer” icon and then select the ‘What’s printing’ option.
- Now to cancel the previous print command queue, open the ‘printer’ menu and opt for the ‘cancel all documents’ tab.
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm. Now you can proceed with your printing task.
Fixing Tips 5: Check The Basic Printer Connection
If you are experiencing any printing issues, then this can be happened due to an HP printer and computer connection error. You are always suggested to check the basic cable connection. Here is HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide:
- First, unplug the power cord from the Printer and unplug the Power cable of the computer.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then again plug-in back the power cord of your HP printer.
- Now, turn on your computer.
- Start printing a test page.
- Using these basic troubleshooting steps can resolve HP printer connection errors. So, feel free to give it try once.
Fixing Tips 6: Check Your Printer For Hardware Issues
If none of the above HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide has helped you out in exterminating your HP printer problems, then this time you have to check your printer for any hardware issues. If the problem is with an ink cartridge, paper tray, or any printer hardware-related problem, then also you can’t print anything. Therefore, check them out using the following steps:
- First and forecast you have to ensure that there is enough stack of plain white A-4 sized paper loaded in the printer tray.
- Next, check out the ink cartridges and ensure the printer is having enough ink installed.
- Check for the toner as well. It should also be enough.
- Check your printer for carriage jam issues. If there is, clear immediately.
- Printer cartridges sometimes get outdated. So, at that point in time, you should try replacing it with a new and genuine one.
So many difficulties arise during printing function if the printer parts have been replaced with duplicate ones. That’s why we always recommend you to go for the original parts to avoid any printer problems in the future.
Thanks to Admin who allow me share this post